About the Orlando Headshots Photography Blog

Hi! Welcome to the Orlando Headshot Photography blog!

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Epcot Photo Shoot

My friend Brett mentioned that he has an interest in photography and had recently purchased a DSLR camera but didn’t know how to make the most of it. So we thought it would be fun to go to one of the theme parks and just shoot some pictures.

Now, I am not a fan of crowded, hot, loud, touristy areas. But since I live in Orlando – tourist Mecca – I decided to embrace it. I always had easy access to Disney as a kid and I worked there for seven years, so I quickly lost interest in “playing in the parks.” But enough time has passed that I can now appreciate it again! We decided that Epcot would have an interesting selection of subjects to photograph. And we were right! We traveled the world in a few short hours! (Cheesy, I know.)

This was in France where we had delicious pastries from the pâtisserie – how’s THAT for two years of high school French! Madame Pissier would be so proud! (She certainly was not proud back then when I cared more about chatting with my friends – in English, no less – than I did about conjugating French verbs!!) 
Orlando Headshot Photographer Mmmm…bread, or miche de pain. Though, I must admit, this bread was on display and probably hard as a rock.
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0750a Now these were delicious croissants de chocolat. Though I have a hard time picturing an actual French pâtisserie serving croissants with chocolate in them. It seems so ordinary – as though these have been Americanized. I could be wrong. ;)
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0754 Brett is a graphic designer for Disney (among other things), and this is one of his creations! I hope I didn’t just “destroy the magic” or get him in trouble, since this is all proprietary work. But he is so super talented! I just had to show him off. :) By the way, Brett has created a website to help people make their computers safe! Check it out here!
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0747 Then we traveled to Morocco. There were so many cool little things there and the lighting was often dark and mysterious, so this was fun! 
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0766a_filtered Camels always remind me of the summer I spent in Bahrain. Every day we passed a camel on our way to work and I named him Cletus. We thought it would be fun to ride a camel – because that’s what you do when you go to the middle east! But when we got there, the camels would groan every time they had to get up with the extra weight of a person on their backs. Their poor little wobbly knees probably had camel arthritis or something, so I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I still think about Cletus every time I see a camel. (Could I have said the word camel any more? I said it six times! And now seven!)
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0768  Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0769 Oooh…mysterious plumes of smoke from burning incense! 
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0776a Sunset over the Tour Eiffel. My blogging program must have compressed the image too much (I’m guessing, but what do I know!) and that created the banding in the sky. Oh well.  
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0780a_filtered Mexico had lots of colorful things to photograph. Who wants to buy fake veggies on a rope? 
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0795 They sure look pretty, though! (Have I mentioned that red peppers are show-offs?) 
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0802 And the obligatory shot of “the Epcot ball” which houses Spaceship Earth. Also known as “the giant golf ball.” 
Orlando Headshot Photographer IMG_0825
As soon as the weather cools off to a less stifling 75 degrees or below, we’ll have another photography adventure at Disney. It was fun to take pictures just for fun and just for me. I love my clients and doing their portraits, but I love photography just for the fun of it too.

0 comments:

Headshots

Corporate Headshots

Share on Facebook

About This Blog

Ana Cabrera is a portrait and headshot photographer in Orlando, FL. Please visit ANA Photo Design for more information. Thanks!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP